Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Fine Art:

The two weeks I spent in Fine Art was quite amusing indeed!
I had this impression imbedded in my mind that we would be handed a paintbrush and a canvass and who ever in charge would say GO... and we would do our own thing!
However, that was not the case! The 2 weeks were guided and structured in the sense that they were trying to get you to explore alternative and new methods of producing work.
Sincerely, I am grateful this happened because I probably would have spent the whole time producing detailed figures and obscene black and white photos.
However, this gave me a chance to think of a different approach and it worked!
I spent the latter half of my time creating this abstract sculpture using scrap metal and old wood.
Without the influence of a new environment and an the incentive, this outburst of trying new creations probably wouldn't of happened...... so voila!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment